Odoo manages analytic account but with some limitations:
- On product and partner, Odoo does not propose to record analytic account used after on the document as default analytic account.
- On stock, Odoo does not propose to track stock moves on analytic account basis.
Cluedoo proposes a set of modules Analytic Account Extension in order to have more flexibility in the way you want to define your analytic account policy. Flexibility is given according to three axis, and splitted between different modules to properly manage inheritance:
- define default analytic account on master data in order to automate analytic accounting
- propose analytic account on any transactions: stock moves, production order.
- give the option to be global and not linked to a company, in order to share analityc acount between different companies and manage chart of analytic account at the group level.
This module give analytic account on master data - ie partner and product - and on stock moves transaction.
When you sell or purchase any product, the analytic account is given by default. Then analytic account can be define in the master data, and the responsibility of end-user is strongly limited, because they no more have to know the whole chart of analytic account and select the good one.
Installed on 100% of database for project oriented companies.
For other companies, it's a case by case analysis.
This module is related to the Analytic Extension proposed by Cluedoo which also includes:
- Production based on project to link a production order to a project.
- Global chart of analytic account, to share analytic account between entities.